The St. Peter youth group is for youth in junior high and high school. It contains both faith formation and social components. The faith formation component consists of regular Eucharistic holy hours, Bible studies, speakers, the Ora et Labora mission trip, apologetics, and the Dead Theologians Society which meets once or twice a month.
Socialization includes some offsite activities, gym time, games, Dinner and a Movie, and conversation with friends.
- Contact name: Deacon John Zak
- Contact phone: 402-619-6935
- Location: Youth group room (#101 in the grade school building)
- Meeting time and day: Wednesdays at 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM
Dinner and a Movie
The youth group regularly gathers to enjoy dinner together and to view a Catholic or inspirational movie on the big screen in McMahon Hall. The youth enjoy snacks and popcorn and a discussion about the film's merits often occurs before or after the viewing.
- Location: McMahon Hall at 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Click on the dates for more information: August 30, 2014 September 6, 2014
Ora et Labora Mission Trip
The youth group also hosts the annual Ora et Labora mission trip each summer. The spiritual adventure consists of attendance at the Steubenville Conference held in Springfield, Missouri and afterwards time spent at the Little Portion Hermitage in Eureka Springs, Arkansas helping the Brothers and Sisters of Charity. While at the Little Portion, the youth grow in vocational discernment, prayer, and friendship.
- 2014 Mission trip: July 19-24, 2014
Click on the following dates for information on an upcoming activity.
- Putt Putt on August 20, 2014
- Vala's Pumpkin Patch on October 1, 2014
- Pilgrimage to the March for Life in January, 2015