St. Peter Youth Group
The St. Peter Youth Group is for youth in junior high and high school. It contains both faith formation and social components. The faith formation component consists of the YDisciple program for small-group faith-sharing, monthly Eucharistic holy hours, Bible studies, speakers, apologetics, Seven Pillars of the Spiritual Life program, and the Dead Theologians Society.
Youth are also encouraged to take part in loving service to their neighbor through Disciples in Action, in which the youth assist our St. Vincent de Paul Society on Saturdays to care for the poor; the annual Ora et Labora Mission Trip; monthly assistance serving donuts and refreshments to the parish; and other selfless activites, such as participation in the March for Life, etc.
Socialization includes some offsite activities, gym time, games, Dinner and a Movie, and conversation with friends.
- Contact name: Deacon John Zak
- Contact phone: email email@example.com, or call the Parish Office 402-341-4560
- Location: McMahon Hall and gymnasium
- Meeting time and day: Wednesdays at 7:00 pm in McMahon Hall, followed by social time in the school gym until 9:00 pm
St. Peter Youth Group Schedule
- To download the Youth Group Schedule for January through March 2017, please click here.
- There is no Youth Group meeting on Wednesday, January 25 because Deacon Zak and some youth will be on a March for Life Pilgrimage.
- St. Peter Youth Group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm in McMahon Hall, followed by social activity in the gym. Pickup is at 9:00 pm in St. Peter School gym.
- "Dinner and a Movie" is offered about once per month on Saturdays from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm in McMahon Hall. Cost is $5.00 for pizza and snacks. Please see the Youth Group Schedule for upcoming "Dinner and a Movie" dates.
To be added to the email list for announcements of Youth Group activities and events, please contact Deacon Zak at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Parish Office.
Dinner & a Movie
The youth group regularly gathers to enjoy dinner together and to view a Catholic or inspirational movie on the big screen in McMahon Hall. The youth enjoy snacks and popcorn, and a discussion about the film's merits often occurs before or after the viewing. Please see the Youth Group Schedule for upcoming "Dinner and a Movie" dates.
- Dinner & a Movie: Saturday, 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Location: McMahon Hall
- Cost: $5.00 for dinner and snacks.
Ora et Labora Mission Trip
The youth group also hosts the annual Ora et Labora mission trip each summer. The spiritual adventure consists of attendance at the Steubenville Conference held in Springfield, Missouri and afterwards time spent at the Little Portion Hermitage in Eureka Springs, Arkansas helping the Brothers and Sisters of Charity. While at the Little Portion, the youth grow in vocational discernment, prayer, and friendship.
2016 Mission trip: Friday, July 15 to Friday, July 22, 2016. Friday to Sunday we will be at the Steubenville Conference in Springfield, Missouri. Sunday to Thursday we will spend at the Little Portion Hermitage in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Thursday we will visit Worlds of Fun in Kansas City, Missouri. We will drive home on Friday.
- Cost is $350.00 for transportation, Steubenville Conference, Worlds of Fun, hotels and most meals.
- Please RSVP to Deacon John Zak by Monday, February 8 if you are interested in going on the Mission trip.
January 24-29, 2017: Saint Peter March for Life Pilgrimage
Join Father Gregory Carl for the St. Peter March for Life Pilgrimage 2017. Departure on Tuesday evening, January 24, and return home on Sunday, January 29, 2017. Possible sites in addition to the March for Life are: Life is Very Good Rally, Holocaust Museum, Gettysburg, and the Saint John Paul II Museum. More information to follow. Please contact Deacon John Zak at email@example.com or the parish office if you are interested in joining the pilgrimage or for more information. To download the registration form, please click here. To download the pilgrimage itinerary, please click here.
Teen Angels is a bilingual group for young ladies, ages 11 to 18 years. It meets on Fridays from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm in O'Brien Hall with Sister Clara Acosta. All young ladies are invited. For more information please contact Sister Clara at 402-346-6845 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Teen Angels does not meet during the summer months.