St. Peter's Youth Group
The St. Peter youth group is for youth in junior high and high school. It contains both faith formation and social components. The faith formation component consists of the YDisciple program for small-group faith-sharing, monthly Eucharistic holy hours, Bible studies, speakers, apologetics, Seven Pillars of the Spiritual Life program, and the Dead Theologians Society.
Youth are also encouraged to take part in loving service to their neighbor through Disciples in Action, in which the youth assist our St. Vincent de Paul Society on Saturdays to care for the poor; the annual Ora et Labora Mission Trip; monthly assistance serving donuts and refreshments to the parish; and other selfless activites, such as participation in the March for Life, etc.
Socialization includes some offsite activities, gym time, games, Dinner and a Movie, and conversation with friends.
- Contact name: Deacon John Zak
- Contact phone: 402-619-6935, or call the Parish Office 402-341-4560
- Location: Meet in McMahon Hall (afterwards the school gymnasium or church)
- Meeting time and day: Wednesdays 7:00 pm in McMahon Hall, followed by social time in the school gym until 9:30 pm
To be added to the email list for announcements of Youth Group activities and events, please contact Deacon Zak or the Parish Office.
Dinner & a Movie
The youth group regularly gathers to enjoy dinner together and to view a Catholic or inspirational movie on the big screen in McMahon Hall. The youth enjoy snacks and popcorn, and a discussion about the film's merits often occurs before or after the viewing.
- Next Dinner & a Movie: Saturday, May 14, 2016, 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Movie: to be announced
- Location: McMahon Hall
- Cost: $5.00 for dinner and snacks.
Ora et Labora Mission Trip
The youth group also hosts the annual Ora et Labora mission trip each summer. The spiritual adventure consists of attendance at the Steubenville Conference held in Springfield, Missouri and afterwards time spent at the Little Portion Hermitage in Eureka Springs, Arkansas helping the Brothers and Sisters of Charity. While at the Little Portion, the youth grow in vocational discernment, prayer, and friendship.
2016 Mission trip: Friday, July 15 to Friday, July 22, 2016. Friday to Sunday we will be at the Steubenville Conference in Springfield, Missouri. Sunday to Thursday we will spend at the Little Portion Hermitage in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Thursday we will visit Worlds of Fun in Kansas City, Missouri. We will drive home on Friday.
- Cost is $350.00 for transportation, Steubenville Conference, Worlds of Fun, hotels and most meals.
- Please RSVP to Deacon John Zak by Monday, February 8 if you are interested in going on the Mission trip.
- Wednesdays: 7:00 pm Youth Group meets in McMahon Hall; followed by social time in the school gymnasium.
Teen Angels is a bilingual group for young ladies, ages 11 to 18 years. It meets on Fridays from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm in O'Brien Hall with Sister Clara Acosta. All young ladies are invited. For more information please contact Sister Clara at 402-346-6845 or email email@example.com.