The St. Peter youth group is for youth in junior high and high school. It contains both faith formation and social components. The faith formation component consists of regular Eucharistic holy hours, Bible studies, speakers, the Ora et Labora mission trip, apologetics, and the Dead Theologians Society which meets once or twice a month.
Socialization includes some offsite activities, gym time, games, Dinner and a Movie, and conversation with friends.
- Contact name: Deacon John Zak
- Contact phone: 402-619-6935
- Location: Youth group room (#101 in the grade school building)
- Meeting time and day: Wednesdays at 7 p.m. (6:30 p.m. during the summer and school breaks)
Dinner and a Movie
The youth group regularly gathers to enjoy dinner together and to view a Catholic or inspirational movie on the big screen in McMahon Hall. The youth enjoy snacks and popcorn and a discussion about the film's merits often occurs before or after the viewing.
- Location: McMahon Hall
- Meeting time and day: Usually the 3rd Saturday of the month from 6 p.m. until 10 p.m.
Ora et Labora Mission Trip
The youth group also hosts the annual Ora et Labora mission trip each summer. The spiritual adventure consists of attendance at the Steubenville Conference held in Springfield, Missouri and afterwards time spent at the Little Portion Hermitage in Eureka Springs, Arkansas helping the Brothers and Sisters of Charity. While at the Little Portion, the youth grow in vocational discernment, prayer, and friendship.
- 2014 Mission trip: July 19-24, 2014