The St. Peter youth group is for youth in junior high and high school. It contains both faith formation and social components. The faith formation component consists of the YDisciple program for small-group faith-sharing, monthly Eucharistic holy hours, Bible studies, speakers, apologetics, Seven Pillars of the Spiritual Life program, and the Dead Theologians Society.
Youth are also encouraged to take part in loving service to their neighbor through Disciples in Action, in which the youth assist our St. Vincent de Paul Society on Saturdays to care for the poor; the annual Ora et Labora Mission Trip; monthly assistance serving donuts and refreshments to the parish; and other selfless activites, such as participation in the March for Life, etc.
Socialization includes some offsite activities, gym time, games, Dinner and a Movie, and conversation with friends.
- Contact name: Deacon John Zak
- Contact phone: 402-619-6935, or Parish Office 402-341-4560
- Location: Meet in McMahon Hall (afterwards the grade school building or church)
- Meeting time and day: Wednesdays from 6:30 PM until 9:30 PM
To be added to the email list for announcements of Youth Group activities and events, please contact Deacon Zak or the Parish Office. Download the following calendars and schedules:
Dinner & a Movie
The youth group regularly gathers to enjoy dinner together and to view a Catholic or inspirational movie on the big screen in McMahon Hall. The youth enjoy snacks and popcorn, and a discussion about the film's merits often occurs before or after the viewing.
- Location: McMahon Hall from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Next Dinner & a Movie date: October 17, 2015 "The Ultimate Gift". Cost is $5.00 for dinner and snacks.
Ora et Labora Mission Trip
The youth group also hosts the annual Ora et Labora mission trip each summer. The spiritual adventure consists of attendance at the Steubenville Conference held in Springfield, Missouri and afterwards time spent at the Little Portion Hermitage in Eureka Springs, Arkansas helping the Brothers and Sisters of Charity. While at the Little Portion, the youth grow in vocational discernment, prayer, and friendship.
- 2015 Mission trip: July 10-17, 2015
Click on the following dates for information on an upcoming activity.
- October 7, 2015 from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm Vala's Pumpkin Patch. For a flyer click here.
- October 17, 2015 at 6:00 pm in McMahon Hall Dinner & a Movie "The Ultimate Gift". Cost is $5.00 for dinner and snacks.
- November 16, 2015 is the last day to register for the Pilgrimage to the March for Life in Washington, D.C. from January 19-24, 2016. Please contact Deacon John Zak if you are a youth interested in going on the pilgrimage, or an adult interested in being a chaperone. For a flyer, click here.