Young Adult Apostolate (YAA)
Married and single young adults, ages 18-40, gather in various ways at St. Peter Church to grow in holiness, vocational discernment, and friendship.
Mission Statement: To help young adults fall in love with Christ and to generously receive and experience God's love for them.
- To teach young adults how to pray in contemplative and meditative ways, and with Scripture; to detect the movements of grace and the Holy Spirit; and to comfortably share with each other their faith experiences.
- To build community through authentic friendship with each other and first and foremost with Christ; to experience true solidarity.
- To provoke experiences of God through deliberate encounters with beauty in our Catholic Faith, our neighbors, nature, and the manmade arts.
"When you wonder about the mystery of yourself, look to Christ who gives you the meaning of life. When you wonder what it means to be a mature person, look to Christ who is the fullness of humanity. And when you wonder about your role in the future of the world and of the United States, look to Christ. Only in Christ will you fulfill your potential as an American citizen and as a citizen of the world community" (Blessed John Paul II, Oct. 3, 1979).
YAA Monthly Potluck and Faith Sharing
Every second and fourth Thursday of every month young adults are invited to attend an evening of fellowship, a potluck dinner, and faith sharing. Please bring food to share and a Bible (Bibles will also be provided).
- Contact Name: Fr. Damien Cook, pastor
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: McMahon Hall
- Meeting time and day: Every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m.
Calendar of Off-Campus & Special YAA Activities
For a complete list of 2014-2015 activities both on and off St. Peter's campus, click here.
YAA Basketball and Volleyball
Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit and a great gift of God. Enjoy the gift of sports and fellowship by playing basketball with other young adults; volleyball on the first Monday of the month, and basketball on all of the other Mondays.
- Contact name: Ruth Gappa
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Location: St. Peter School Gym
- Meeting time and day: October to April, Mondays from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.