Totus Tuus: June 18-23, 2017
Para un folleto en español, favor haga clic aquí.
Registration is now open for Totus Tuus summer camp for children and teens to be offered at St. Peter Parish from June 18-23, 2017.
- Grades 1-6: (For children entering grades 1-6 in the fall.) Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 2:30 pm. Cost is $25 for one child, or $50 for a family. (No child will be turned away if unable to pay the cost.) Bring a sack lunch each day; bring a snack to share on the first day.
- Junior High and High School ages: Sunday through Thursday, 7:00-9:00 pm. There is no cost for the evening sessions.
- Parish Potluck Dinner: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 from 5:00 pm-7:00 pm in McMahon Hall.
Registration forms and medical liability forms are needed for all children and teens. The forms may be downloaded or are available in the parish office. Please return the completed forms to the parish office.
- Registration form (English)
- Medical Liability form (English)
- Hoja de Inscripción (español)
- Hoja de Liberación de Responsabilidad (español)
Totus Tuus is a Latin expression meaning "totally yours." It is also the name of a fun and energetic parish-based summer catechetical program for both grade school age children and junior and senior high school youth. College students and seminarians form teams of four and sent out to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ in various parishes throughout the Archdiocese of Omaha.
The youthfulness, energy, and ability to give witness make the team members particularly effective with children and young people.
The team serves for a week at St. Peter every summer by putting on a program Sunday-Thursday from 7:00 pm-9:00 pm for high school and junior high youth.
This program puts the youth in contact with the Lord so that they can develop a deep personal relationship with Him. To this end, there is a night of Eucharistic Exposition, the opportunity to attend the Sacrament of Penance, catechetical instruction on topics important to young people, and a night of fellowship with the team members.
The teams also present a grade school program (grades 1-6) that runs Monday-Friday from 9:00 am-2:30 pm. Time is spent on catechetical instruction, songs, games, the opportunity for the Sacrament of Penance, lunch, recess and more. The week ends with a large water fight with the children in celebration for the week.
The program imparts to children an understanding and love of the Eucharist, devotion to Mary, catechetical instruction, vocational discernment, and an enjoyable experience.
The team also comes to know the parish and its members. Team members stay with families of the parish, eat with different families throughout the week, and invite the entire parish to a potluck dinner from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm (date to be announced).
Throughout the years Totus Tuus has succeeded in reaching out to children and youth in order to help them know and love the Lord Jesus Christ. For more information, contact Deacon John Zak, parish moderator of Totus Tuus at St. Peter Church.