A Quinceañera is a joyous celebration of a young woman — a "quinceañera" — reaching the age of 15.
The celebration is a way of acknowledging the young woman has reached maturity and is ready to take on additional responsibilities. Most importantly, the celebration reaffirm's her religious faith and the traditional virtues of the Catholic family.
In order to celebrate a Quinceañera at St. Peter Church, the following requirements must be met:
- The quinceañera and her family must be registered parishioners of St. Peter Church;
- The quinceañera must have received the sacraments of initiation (Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist) or be registered in classes at St. Peter preparing to celebrate these sacraments;
- The quinceañera must actively participate in the parish, regularly attending Sunday Mass;
- The quinceañera should present a copy of her Baptismal and Confirmation certificates before the celebration of the Quinceañera;
- The quinceañera must have attended at least four preparation classes (held in February, May, August and November) at St. Peter Church.
After all of the above requirements are met, you may visit the St. Peter parish office to pay the requested stipend and to schedule a date for the Quinceañera. No dates will be scheduled for a Quinceañera until all requisites are completed. For more information, contact the parish office.