A Quinceañera is a joyous celebration of a young woman — a "quinceañera" — reaching the age of 15.
The celebration is a way of acknowledging the young woman has reached maturity and is ready to take on additional responsibilities. Most importantly, the celebration reaffirm's her religious faith and the traditional virtues of the Catholic family.
In order to celebrate a Quinceañera at St. Peter Church, the following requirements must be met:
- The quinceañera and her family must be registered parishioners of St. Peter Church for at least three months;
- The quinceañera must have received the sacraments of initiation (Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist) or be registered in and attending classes at St. Peter for at least one year, preparing to celebrate these sacraments;
- The quinceañera must actively participate in the parish, regularly attending Sunday Mass;
- The quinceañera should present a copy of her Baptismal, First Communion and Confirmation certificates before the celebration of the Quinceañera;
- The quinceañera must have attended the preparation classes at St. Peter Church (usually held in February, May, August and November).
After all of the above requirements are met, you may visit the St. Peter parish office to pay the requested stipend and to schedule a date for the Quinceañera. No dates may be scheduled more than six months in advance of the desired date. No dates will be scheduled for a Quinceañera until all requisites are completed. For more information, contact the parish office.
For a copy of the policies and requirements for the celebration of a Quinceañera at St. Peter Church, please the parish office.