Upcoming Events, Holy Day Masses & Cancellations
Thursdays in Lent - The Sacrament of Reconciliation
Throughout Lent the sacrament of Reconciliation will be made available at a special, additional time on every Thursday evening. As a result, Vespers are canceled on these Thursdays.
- 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m. - Sacrament of Reconciliation available in the church
Fridays in Lent & Stations of the Cross (Via Crucis)
In rememberance of Good Friday, every Friday in Lent is a day of required abstinence from meat. It is also a day to immerse ourselves in the Passion of Jesus Christ: consider attending traditional Stations of the Cross on the Fridays of Lent. As a result of Stations of the Cross, Vespers are canceled on these Fridays.
- 5 p.m.-5:20 p.m. - Confessions
- 5:30 p.m. - Stations of the Cross in English with Eucharistic Benediction
- 6:30-6:50 p.m. - Confessions
7 p.m. - Stations of the Cross in Spanish (Via Crucis)
March 15 - St. Peter Trivia Night
Have a wonderful time, enjoy delicious food, and compete for the prize of smartest Catholic at our annual parish fundraiser: St. Peter Catholic Trivia Night. For more information about the evening and to download a registration form, click here.
6 p.m.-10 p.m. - St. Peter Trivia Night in McMahon Hall
March 25 - Day of Recollection
All are invited to attend a Lenten Day of Recollection in St. Peter Church that includes Mass, Eucharistic Adoration, and talks from Fr. Cook, pastor of St. Peter Church. The event is hosted by the Catholic Daughters. Participants should bring their own lunches.
9:30 a.m.-2:30 a.m. - Day of Recollection in the church
April 12 & 13 - Passion (Palm) Sunday
Take part in the blessing of palms, traditional procession, and the reading of the Passion of Jesus Christ during Masses on Passion Sunday.
5 p.m. - Vigil Mass in English
- 8 a.m. - Confessions
- 9 a.m. - Mass in English with outdoor procession (weather permitting)
- 1 p.m. - Mass in Spanish with outdoor procession (weather permitting)
6 p.m. - Mass in Spanish
April 17 - Holy Thursday
Assist in the celebration of the Last Supper at our bilingual Mass of the Lord's Supper and spend time with Christ afterwards in adoration of His Eucharistic presence. There are no other services this day.
- 5:30 p.m. - Altar Boy practice
- 7 p.m. - Mass in English & Spanish
8:30 p.m.-12 midnight - Adoration of the Eucharist
April 18 - Good Friday
Accompany Jesus on His way to Calvary through various liturgies and devotions on Good Friday. Good Friday is also a day of required fasting and abstinence from meat. There are no other services this day.
- 12 noon - Stations of the Cross (Via Crucis) in Spanish
- 12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. - Sacrament of Reconciliation
- 1 p.m.-2:30 p.m. - Stations of the Cross in English; chanted midday prayer; chanted Divine Mercy Chaplet
- 3 p.m. - Veneration of the Cross in English
- 6 p.m.-6:50 p.m. - Sacrament of Reconciliation
7 p.m. - Veneration of the Cross in Spanish
April 19 - Holy Saturday & Easter Vigil
Christ hallows all graves as the world mourns the death and burial of its Savior on Holy Saturday, but that sorrow is turned to joy during the Easter Vigil and the conferral of sacraments upon catechumens and candidates. There are no other services this day.
- 9 a.m. - Chanted Office of Readings and Lauds; the blessing of Easter foods
- 10 a.m. - Decorating of the church for Easter
- 1 p.m. - Mandatory practice for those receiving Sacraments at the Easter Vigil
- 3:30 p.m. - Mandatory practice for those receiving Sacraments on Easter Sunday
- 6:30 p.m. - Altar Boy practice (and pizza dinner)
8:30 p.m. - Easter Vigil Mass in English with the reception of sacraments
April 20 - Easter Sunday
Celebrate the day of the Lord's Resurrection and triumph over sin and death on Easter Sunday.
- 8 a.m. - Mass in English
- 9:30 a.m. - Mass in English
- 1 p.m. - Mass in Spanish
- 6 p.m. - Mass in Spanish with the reception of sacraments