Upcoming Events, Holy Day Masses & Cancellations
December 3-10 - Novena to Our Lady of Guadalupe
Take part in the traditional Novena to Our Lady of Guadalupe with devotional prayers and rosary in Spanish every evening at 7 p.m. in the McMahon Hall chapel from December 3 through December 11.
December 9 - Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception & Vigil for Life Eucharistic Exposition
The Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception celebrates the conception of our Blessed Mother in the womb of her mother, Anne. It is also the title of Mary under which the United States celebrates her. As such, it is usually a holy day of obligation except this year. Because December 8, the day of the Immaculate Conception, falls on the second Sunday of Advent and because the Sunday of Advent takes liturgical precedence, the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception was moved to Monday, December. This year the USCCB decided that the Solemnity is NOT a holy day of obligation. Nevertheless, celebrate the creation of our Lord's most perfect creature by assisting at Mass.
- 8 a.m. - Mass in English
- 6:30 p.m. - Mass in Spanish
- 8 p.m.-9 p.m. - Holy Hour in Spanish
- 9 p.m.-10 p.m. - Holy Hour in English
- 10 p.m.-11 p.m. - Holy Hour in Spanish
- 11 p.m.-midnight - Holy Hour in English
December 11 - Our Lady of Guadalupe Vigil Mass & Serenade
All are invited to attend Mass in Spanish on the eve of Our Lady of Guadalupe at 10 p.m., followed by the traditional Serenade to our Lady and Mananitas celebration at 11 p.m. in our McMahon Hall chapel. A reception will follow at midnight in our school gymnasium with customary foods and music from Mariachi Zapata.
- 10 p.m. - Mass in Spanish (McMahon Hall chapel)
- 11 p.m. - Serenade and Mananitas (McMahon Hall chapel)
- 12 midnight - Reception (school gym)
December 12 - Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe
Celebrate the Empress of the Americas and the Patroness of the Unborn, Our Lady of Guadalupe, on her feast day by assisting at Mass.
- 8 a.m. - Mass in English
- 7 p.m. - Mass in Spanish
December 22 - Las Posadas
Celebrate Las Posadas in Spanish, the traditional Latino devotions during Advent, on Sunday, Dec. 22 at 7 p.m. in the St. Peter school gymnasium. Witness a living Nativity play, pray the rosary, and enjoy food and music. Fun for the whole family.
- 7 p.m. - Las Posadas (school gym)
December 23 - Moving & Decorating Day
All are invited to help move sacred furnishings from McMahon Hall back into the church, to clean the sacristies, and to decorate the church for Christmas.
- 8 a.m. - Last Mass in McMahon Hall chapel
- 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. - Transfer of religious furnishings, cleaning of sacristies and O'Brien Hall, and the decorating of the church for Christmas
December 24 - Christmas Eve
Celebrate the Solemnity of the Nativity of Jesus Christ on Christmas Eve in our newly-refurbished and newly-reopened St. Peter Church.
- 6 p.m. - Vigil Mass in Vietnamese
- 8 p.m. - Vigil Mass in Spanish
- 10:30 p.m. - Eucharistic Exposition, the sacrament of Reconciliation, and sung Christmas carols by the choir
December 25 - Solemnity of the Nativity of Jesus Christ (Christmas)
Celebrate the Solemnity of the Nativity of Jesus Christ on Christmas Day in our newly-refurbished and newly-reopened St. Peter Church.
- 12 midnight - Mass in English
- 10 a.m. - Mass in English
- 1 p.m. - Mass in Spanish
December 24-26 - Office Closed
In celebration of Christmas, the parish office will be closed from noon on Tuesday, Dec. 24 through Thursday, Dec. 26. The office will reopen on Friday, Dec. 27. We regret any inconvenience.
December 28 - Official Mass and Celebration of the Reopening of St. Peter Church
Celebrate the formal reopening of St. Peter Church with Mass at 5 p.m. with Archbishop George J. Lucas as the celebrant and a reception afterwards in our McMahon Hall
- 5 p.m. - Official Mass to celebrate the reopening of St. Peter Church
- 6 p.m. - Light reception in McMahon Hall